Sunday, August 29, 2010

Halifax, Nottingham and Skeggy!!!

It was a reasonably quiet week this week. I’m nearly all sorted for the trip, so early in the week I had a run every day and generally vegged out, apart from when I went into town to pay my money from the sale of my car into Halifax.
I have a web saver account, but as it has a sort code and account number, I didn't foresee any problems paying cash in...... However when I arrived and asked to pay in my money I was told 'I'm sorry, but as its a web account we definitely cant do it here, you must pay it in online!!', after I pointed out that I had cash and couldn't pay that online on my computer, the girl looked confused and asked her boss, who said the same - 'We cant do it, no way!'. I asked just how I was supposed to do it then and why they couldn't do it, even though I had all the account details......

She asked for my surname and postcode and then said - 'OK, do you have the cash now? We can do it now......!' WHAT THE FUCK!!! 2 minutes ago it was 'Impossible!!!' I gave them the money and it was paid in in less than 30 seconds!! What a palaver!! At least it is now paid in. I left with a weird smile on my face... haahaa!!

On Thursday I had my final eye exam after the eye surgery in June and my eyesight is now great. I also enquired about my military discount and was happy to hear that I would get back £400!!! Nice!!! I decided to walk/run to the eye place In town – about 4 miles in total and with the rain I arrived on time, but soaked in sweat and rain.

I got a load of drops for my eyes as I have a bit of dryness in my eye – More shite to carry with me! After that I had a wander into town along the river behind the Carlsberg brewery, where I saw all the massive metal barrels things holding all the beer. I had a good wander around and even broke an Ipad in comet - it wasn't too hard to break - Fookin apple shite!!!!

I ended up walking about 7 miles in total – All in all a good day out.

Carlsberg beer beer beer beer beer!!!


On Friday I got a lift into town and to the train station from James and got the train to Skegness – It was a good journey and I got to test my new mp3/video player on the way as well as being disturbed by a carriage load of brummies on their way to Nottingham for a hen night - classy ladies!!! Not!

I arrived in Skeg, had a bit of scoff with mum and dad and then had a wander round town, where I took a few photos of the old place , some of it is OK and other bits not so good – But Skeggy isn't all bad - As you can see from the photo below I was amazed to see that Skeg now has a Greggs!!

Skegness Greggs!!


On Saturday I had yet another run and vegged out for the afternoon with mum and dad before going back into town for the Man Utd match V West Ham.

Night time in Skegness

Skeggy pier looking towards Botton Bros

Skegness' massive waterpark!!!

After the match I went back home and had an early night.

Gareth and Tracey arrived around 10am on Sunday to pick me up and take me back to Northampton, so after a final goodbye with mum and dad we got on the road and reached Northampton just in time for the Belgian Grand Prix on telly.

A quiet night followed with a couple of glasses of wine!! Only 1 week to go till we leave London............

1 comment:

  1. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you gotta watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete