Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Jan 2022

I started this post a few weeks ago and promptly forgot about it. 

I had started to write silly childish things that I thought were funny. Pretty much like a lot of my posts. But now it's two weeks after Hannah was bitten and although life is getting close to back to normal I don't think I can post stupid stuff at the moment. I just haven't got the time or the energy. I'll leave the last bit of the post I had written at the end of this, but for now, I will update the world on what's been happening.....

Hannah is recovering well. She is back to tantrums and tears when she doesn't get her own way and apart from the stitches and pain in her cheek and the odd bit of shyness, she is as amazing and as beautiful as she ever was, There is a long way to go and lots of hospital and doctor visits in the months and years ahead we are sure - probably more surgery to get her face as straightened out as possible. But we are thankful our little crazy pants pain in the arse is still crazy, and a pain in the arse. She loves to dance, climb and jump off things (Oliver is learning from her and now rolls off the sofa on purpose whether we are there to catch him or not) Life is back to the normal hustle and bustle and the tiring workdays followed by being whatever the kids want us to be before getting them to bed. 

They are both amazing and we love them to bits - But if you have a dog, please keep it away from us and our kids until we tell you otherwise. We won't complain if you like your dogs to be about, but if we visit someone's house where a dog is out, we will ask politely for the dog to be put away from us and the kids. I don't care if it's the softest dog in the world. We will just leave if you are unable to do this. My kid's face and mental wellbeing are more important than everything else. 


Anyway, enough said, here's a few pics and videos of the family in these past two weeks. This followed by the start of this post before the incident. 


















Every weekend me and my chosen life partner - Ms Buffty Mcfluffty Cowtanium Davinius, take turns to get the kiddiewinkles out of bed, so the other of us, can laze away for an extra 90 minutes of bedded bliss before we are reintroduced to the crazy children for the rest of the day. 

This past weekend my chosen activity was to take the wonderful fruits of our joint loins - Hannah and Oliver to the basement, and watch the same episodes of Geckos Garage, Super Wings and Blippi, that Hannah chooses every Goddam week! When Oliver gets old enough he will get a choice too - But for now all he is able to do is show his appreciation for the entertainment by standing in front of the TV or by juggling his cute little body along with the music. This weekend he showed his true colours and we now know he really likes Gecko - especially Caroline the crane - Lift it high. This is him swinging along with the music!


In unrelated news.... 

I downloaded a load of  'Manchester' related windows backgrounds sometime last year and they change every day. I just realised that this one looks like it may have captured a 'walk of shame. It's obviously early morning and the girl in the red dress looks quite dressed up to be going to church!  Good for her!



That's it for now. I'll be back soon with the start of the Davey Story and more news from us over here in Canada, 

Now. ....go hug your kids. x
x




No comments:

Post a Comment