Sunday, June 17, 2018

Crinkle Crankle Truth? truth!

Two weeks go by so quickly nowadays, I remember being a small child about 490 years ago and back then 2 weeks lasted at LEAST 2 weeks. Now 2 weeks lasts about 4 days. Its like someone sucked all the time out of the world and replaced it with a fog of blurry memories composed of a mish mash of fleeting glimpses with people and places flashing by through the window of a train that will forever gain speed until the blur is a haze and the haze turns a deep dark black of nothing less than nothing ness. At least then we will all get some rest.

2 weeks is now how long you have to wait for your beans to heat in the microwave. This is what 2 weeks looks like....

Are my beans done yet Jim?
Irrespective of how fast things seem to take and how long things last I still have a few thing-a-me-jobs to add to this opus of mediocrity that have taken place these past 14 days or so.

BABY ALERT. LERT ABABY. TRELA YBAB.  BABY ALERT. LERT ABABY. TRELA YBAB.

So in case you didn't know, Buffy is pregnant. Quite heavily and almost 100% pregnant. She is however like a Hollywood pregnant - That is, she hasn't put on any weight anywhere except where the baby is. Literally, from behind you cannot tell! Its so weird! Although for her, weird is normal.
One of the things that we found out was that nature seems to be attracted to her belly - Like when we went for a walk in the park and after walking through some bushes she found her belly covered in prickly things...


We had been out taking photos in the park as an excuse to get out of the house on a warm Friday evening. It also made us realize that if we want to get some embarrassing photos of the baby to annoy them when they get to being a teenager, we need a new camera. So we started some research and found a really well priced and well reviewed mirror less camera. We tried it out for a few days but to be honest it was just too complicated for what we wanted. We want a camera that's quick to use and take photos but is good enough to take good quality ones. This camera was great, but we spent hours just trying to work out all the settings and choices without being able to understand most of it. Plus the camera was just a bit too big to fit in a pocket, so I would never have taken it out anywhere.

Then the very next day I saw a nice compact camera with all the features we wanted. Buffy at the same time was looking online and found the exact same camera as I was looking at and texted me about it. We ordered one online and after spending a few days playing with it, it is exactly what we want. Good quality, simple to use, touchscreen, WIFI, Bluetooth and NFC connections and pretty good quality photos. Here's a few examples of photos we took on it today, just quick easily taken pics...






I took all of these - even the one with me in as it can remote using a phone! Sweet.

I told you in a previous post about getting a new car from work.... well, that went a bit tits up....

Here is a photo of my old car..
A nice silver colour

The new car was supposed to be the same colour and model, but the lease company are waiting for the new 2018 model to come out and didn't have any. So they spoke to a 2nd company who said they had a silver car that they could have. So the agreement was made and the car was sent to have decals stuck on before I picked it up. But when it arrived it looked like this....

Its not far off, but is actually lake silver not silver silver. I like the colour, but the bosses at work don't They want all 12 fleet cars to be the exact same colour and so weren't happy. After a couple of phone calls, it was decided I would take this car for 4 to 6 weeks and replace it with the brand new 2018 model when they arrive in July. Nice, so I get a new car with new gadgets and the same colour as everyone else. It all sounds great to me!

Add that to the new phone that work just gave me and its been a nice couple of weeks for me and new toys!

The final story today takes me back to the church I worked in a couple of weeks back. I went back to do the phone training and noticed a post up on one of the walls. The kids were allowed to ask questions about religion and one of them asked - Is the bible true? I will now just post the answer to the question that was put onto the wall. I will let you read it and form your own opinion...

That's it for now. A simple and easy post for me. Things will get more complicated pretty soon. In fact things will get complicated in about 1.5 beans worth of microwave time (3 weeks)as Buffy is due to have a small person fall out of her about then!

Incidentally, having searched the Internet you would not be surprised at the weird names that some people call your lady garden... here's a few I found to describe that part of a lady where storks leave babies...
....
front bum
crickle crankle
map of Tasmania
fairy cake
bearded clam
french withered pear
phoenix nest
Lady's low toupee
Banana basket

My personal favourite I think is Schwöbli

Anyway, that's it for now. Time for a beer...

Night night, see you soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment